Our goal is to welcome all guests to the Sam Hughes Inn so they may experience the charm of Tucson, AZ.
Sam Hughes Inn Accessibility Policy (ADA)
Sam Hughes Inn, nestled in the serene Sam Hughes neighborhood of Tucson, warmly welcomes all guests. However, due to the historic significance of our 1930’s adobe inn, the Inn is not completely wheelchair accessible. Removal of necessary physical barriers for complete accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the property.
The physical barriers of the Inn include the following:
- Gravel driveway
- Elevated access to the Inn, common areas and dining area requires the navigation of steps to the entrance.
- Bathrooms offer limited accessibility with limited square footage and either a tub/shower combination or walk-in shower with a curb.
So that all guests can enjoy the Sam Hughes Inn, we work to ensure those with disabilities can enjoy our Inn. Although wheelchair access into the Inn is limited, we do make every effort to accommodate those with limited disabilities. For example:
The Patagonia stand-alone casita is the perfect private oasis at our boutique hotel with views of our courtyard and garden. Those with limited disabilities will enjoy the following features:
- Wide barn door entrance
- Tiled floors
- First floor room with king bed
- Large bathroom with walk-in shower, featuring grab bars and hand-held shower head.
- Breakfast is available in the interior breakfast room and kitchen of the Main Inn. From this room, those with limited disabilities can reach this area by the navigation of one step and French doors into the back of the Main Inn.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit Sam Hughes Inn can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- Upon request, a shower seat can be provided for any room.
- With 24 hour notice, we can also accommodate special diets including vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, low-carb and low-fat.
- It is our standard operating procedure that individuals with disabilities be able to make reservations for an accessible accommodation during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need an accessible room.
- We have identified and described accessible features as well as physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a given guest room meets their accessibility needs.
- It is our standard operating procedure to ensure that our accessible guest room option is held for use by individuals with disabilities. However, we protect our client’s right to privacy of disclosure.
- We guarantee that an accessible guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving customer and is removed from all reservation systems. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to ensure that an accessible room is available through at least some of these services and that information concerning the accessibility of the room is included on their reservation platform.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs will be provided access to all areas of the inn where members of the public are allowed to go.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at 520-484-6290 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue implementing the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Periodically, our website is tested with assistive technology. You may email us at email@example.com or call us at 520-484-6290 with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.